Welcome to Body Love's July Wellness Series, where I will be sharing with you tips throughout the month on how to stay calm and cool as the temps run high.
This first tip is all about HYDRATION. As the month progresses, we trade humidity for dryness, which means that getting adequate water becomes extremely important.
Ok, you've probably figured that one out by now, but it's one thing to know and another to DO. Sure, you can guzzle bottles of water all day long, but does that actually feel good? And, is it sustainable?
Below are my SIMPLE TIPS on how to stay hydrated this month, without it feeling like a chore:
• Wake up and hydrate! Start your day by taking the largest glass you own, filling it with water, and drinking it.
• Eat your water by consuming fresh fruits and veggies throughout the day.
• Infuse your water with fresh herbs, veggies, and/or fruit. Sip it out of a pretty glass – it makes a difference, I promise!
• As the month progresses, trade watermelon and cucumbers (diuretics) for peaches and berries.
• Add soaked chia seeds to meals, snacks, beverages... anything, really!
• Trade caffeinated morning beverages for a walk outside, swim in the ocean, or exercise. For your morning beverage ritual, try a hot or cold herbal infusion. If you want something for energy, go for an elixir with Apple Cider Vinegar, with "the mother" (for example: ACV, fresh lemon juice, and warm water).
• If you're going to consume alcohol, mix it with water or sparkling water and fresh lemon or lime juice, or infused herbs, veggies, and/or fruits. Also, have a glass of water in between each drink.
• Apply chemical-free sunscreen every day to keep your skin hydrated and smooth. Also for skin, wash your face with water that is cool or lukewarm and moisturize in the morning and evening. Finally, use a pure rosewater mist spray on your face and neck.
• Keep your hair soft and hydrated with coconut or olive oil. Comb 1-2 tbsp. through dry hair and cover with a shower cap for about 30 minutes before rinsing it out. Finish by washing as normal with shampoo and conditioner.
If you wait until you are thirsty to drink, you're already dehydrated! Plan ahead to make sure you are hydrating consistently throughout the day.
Dehydration leads to overeating, dry hair, parched skin, dizziness, low energy, confusion, irritability, rapid heartbeat, and shallow breathing – not fun, or attractive!
How will you stay hydrated this month?
Want deeper, personalized attention? Schedule your free breakthrough call with me today!