While outside temps are blazing, your digestion is actually at its weakest this time of year!
Blood is drawn away from your organs and up to your skin to help you beat the heat. The capillaries right underneath your skin dilate and fill with blood so that they can release sweat through your pores. While your body focuses on adapting to the fiery temps, functions like digestion get put on the back-burner.
So, how can you optimize digestion so that you feel comfortable and confident in your body this summer?
Follow these tips!
• Don't skip meals! While you may be tempted to skip meals, doing this will likely leave you feeling irritable and crabby.
• Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly.
• Eat denser, protein-rich foods in the morning when the air is cooler.
• Choose lighter bites during the day, like salads and smoothies.
• Fruit is a great summertime snack!
• Incorporate starchy vegetables (like carrots and sweet potatoes) or easy-to-digest grains (quinoa, white rice, millet) at night to satisfy your hunger and help ground you for a good night's sleep.
• Opt for lighter proteins this month, like fish, tofu, and egg whites.
• Similarly, choose lighter healthy fats, like avocado, seeds, and coconut oil.
What do you notice about your hunger and digestion this month? What foods do you crave?
For deeper, individualized support, schedule your free breakthrough call with me today!
No more excuses, no more dissatisfaction – the time to get yourself where you dream of being is NOW. XO!