WATERMELON is a wonderful fruit, especially for late spring/early summer when the air is humid.
Mostly water (92%) with small amount of fiber, watermelon keeps you hydrated, regular, and feeling full. Additionally, it is packed with important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, including vitamin C and lycopene.
I love watermelon, not just for its nutritional value, but mostly because it is delicious, and extremely versatile!
Below are 10 typical, and not so typical, ways that you can do watermelon:
• Eat it by itself, of course.
• Enjoy it in a salad! Examples include: watermelon, avocado, cucumber, quinoa, sweet onion, mint... watermelon, basil, mozzarella... watermelon, arugula, feta, red onion – options are endless, YUM!
• Turn it into a salsa.
• Grill it – you'll be surprised at how its texture and flavor transforms!
• Make a watermelon cake by removing the rind and carving the fruit into a cylinder cake shape, coating it with (coconut) whipped cream, and topping it with toasted almonds, shredded coconut, and berries!
• Try dried watermelon with cashews as a snack.
• Feature it in a cocktail (watermelon mimosa) or mocktail (watermelon juice, lime juice, mint, sparkling water).
• Eat the watermelon seeds once sprouted, shelled, and dried for extra health benefits, less waste, and a perfect snack! Buy them ready to eat, or prepare them yourself.
• Pickle the rind.
• Make a refreshing smoothie! For example, watermelon, cucumber, raspberries, lime juice, chia seeds, and coconut water.
What is your favorite way to enjoy watermelon?
Don't wait another second – Schedule your free 45-minute breakthrough call with me today and begin your transformation! Can't wait to speak with you soon! XO.